Product Description –
The FSM-80S is core-to-core alignment single fiber splicer succeeding to FSM-60S. In addition to ruggedized concept, which 60S created, the 80S has a series of new features, such as “Automated wind-protector and tube-heater” for quicker splicing cycle as well as fewer operation steps, “innovative carrying-case design” for quicker preparation, “powerful Li-ion battery” for longer operation, high resolution bigger LCD monitor, and “built-in operation manuals” in various languages. Market is from backbone network installation to opto-electronics components production for quality splice.
|Applicable fibers||SM (ITU-T G.652 & G.657), MM (ITU-T G.651),DS (ITU-T G.653),
NZDS (ITU-T G.655),Others
|Cladding diameter||80 to 150μm|
|Coating diameter||100 to 1000μm|
|Fiber cleaved length||5 to 16mm using Sheath Clamp A, B or 5 to13mm using FH-60-250, FH-60-900|
|Operating condition||0-5000m above sea level,0-95% RH and -10 to 50C respectively|
|Actual average splice
|0.02dB with SM, 0.01dB with MM, 0.04dB with DS, 0.04dB with NZDS|
|Splice time||7sec:SM FAST mode, 12sec :SM AUTO mode, 15sec:AUTO mode|
|Return loss||60dB or greater|
|Splicing modes||100 splicer modes are available|
|Splice loss estimate||Several types of core deformations as well as core axis offset are taken into account for accurate loss estimate.|
|Intentional high splice loss of 0.1dB to 15dB (0.01dB step) can be made foran inline fixed attenuator|
|Storage of splice result||The last 2000 results to be stored in the internal
|Magnification||X / Y (300X magnification), or both X and Y simultaneously (160Xmagnification)|
|Viewing method||By two CMOS cameras for intersecting fiber viewing
and 4.73 inches TFT color LCD monitor
|Tension test||1.96 to 2.25N|
|Operating condition||0-5000m above sea level, 0-95% RH and -10 to 50°C respectively|
|Tube heater||Built-in auto-start tube heater with 10 heating moes and up to 20 for
|Tube heat time||13-15sec. with FP-03 protection sleeve. Total memory of 30 heating modes are available|
|60mm, 40mm and a series of micro sleeves.|
|No. of splice/heating
|200 times of splicing and heat shrinking under with BTR-09|
|Power supply||Auto voltage selection from 100 to 240Va.c. or 10 to 15Vd.c. with ADC-18.14.8Vd.c. with BTR-09|
|Terminals||USB2.0 ( Mini-B) for data and video signal transfer to PC.|
|Wind protection||Up to 15m/s wind velocity|
|Dimensions||146(W) x 159(D) x 150(H) mm
Including wind protector, monitor, and rubber protector
Excluding rubber foot
|Weight||2.5 kg, with ADC-18 AC adaptor
2.7 kg, with BTR-09 battery
|Electrode life||3000 arc-discharges|
- Reduced splicing time – 6 seconds only.
- Reduced heating time – 9 seconds only.
- Wireless connection via Bluetooth.
- Splices all known types of fibers.
- Fiber core alignment.
- Typical average splice loss for single mode cable with G.652D fiber is only 0.02 dB.
- Increased electrode lifetime – up to 3000 splicing cycles with one set, without splicing quality loss.
- Battery life increased up to 200 full splicing/heating cycles.
- Rotary color anti-glare LCD 4.73″, high contrast and vividness.
- Simultaneous display of X and Y axes.
- May splice SC, LC, MPO connectors.
- Automatic: wind-protective lid, heater, fiber holders.
- Increased water, dust and shock resistance, may be used under severe environment conditions.
- Automatic arc calibration.
- Battery BTR-09 is included.
- New comfortable carrying case, optimized for quick operation start.
- The case may be used as a working table.
- Operation manual is installed into the splicer.
- Software update option.
- The Fujikura 80S is applicable for optical fibers.